Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ryan Claus _ Midterm - Lofted Curves; Nurbs to Polygons; Polygonal Modeling; Surface Extrusion

For Midterm I've been working on a model of a stadium. Here's the process...

I started the stadium seating decks by creating curves, duplicating them and moving them around by their control vertices until they were where I wanted them. After they were in place I used the loft command to create a surface. Note: I could still modify the surface by grabbing the "parent" curve and manipulating the control verticies again.

Then I lofted an exterior skin from the curves I created for the floor decks and modified it a bit.
This is using the NURBS to POLYGONS tool (triangle)

More polygonal modeling...
Using the smooth tool for polygonal forms I created...
Last, I used the surface extrusion tool to manipulate the polygonal forms...
Here's a few quick renderings of the model...

No comments:

Post a Comment