Monday, February 7, 2011

Elsa Padilla-How some details were modeled.



The image above shows the lamps. I modeled the lamp using a cylinder, and using the flare deformer to make it smaller int he top. The vase was modeled using a surface cylinder adding a flare and squash deformer. For the bulb I only rotated 180 the vase. I scaled it down and then scaled it slightly so that it looked more like a bulb.



The image above was done creating a polygon rectangle and adding 9 division on each side of the rectangle, then i selected the faces that would make the back of the seat and i extruded them/ to create the tapered part I choose the control vertex mode and I scaled it down. to create the smooth edges i selected the edges and I used the bevel tool. To create the legs I selected 4 faces and extruded them down. to make them taper I selected the lower edges and scaled them down.


The bench was created using the same method. I created a polygon rectangle and added a few divisions. Then I beveled the edges and extruded 4 faces down and taper the edges with the scale tool.




To create the mattress I used the polygon tool. Then I divided the polygon in 9 divisions of width , 9 divisions of length and 3 divisions of height. Then I selected all the edges and beveled them.





To make the headboard I made a polygon and divided it in 20 divisions across the width, and 18 divisions of height. Then I selected the control vertex mode and I pulled a few points back to give it the volume. Then to further divide the headboard in the small squares I selected some edges and I pulled them back. I beveled the corners to give it a rounder shape. To add a detail I selected a sphere and I scaled it down and I manipulated it to become sort of a button shape. I then placed those buttons in the part that was pulled back.



To model the base of the bed I used a polygon shape and then divided it. I extruded the sides of the polygon to create the raised edge. To suspend the platform bed I selected some faces and extruded then. The side tables were made in the same way by extruding the drawer towards the outside and then extruding the drawer towards the inner part of the drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment