Monday, February 7, 2011

Elsa Padilla-Midterm Exam

TULIP Post
I am going in more detail over how I created the tulips because this was by far the most difficult object to create.


I created the stem by using a surface cylinder. Then I applied a bend modifier and modified a few of the isoparms to make it look more organic.




To create the petals I first made one curve and I offset them and I extended the ones in the center more. Then I arranged them in a semi circular shape to create the form of the petal and then I lofted the curves.



This is what the petal looks like after i clicked the loft. I then duplicated the petals and rotated them 90, 180 and 270 degrees. Then I selected those four petals and duplicated them again and I scaled them down to create the inner part of the tulip.



To attach the flower to the petal I selected some of the isoparms of the stem. Then I duplicated the surface and selected this new surface and then the isoparm of the petal and lofted them together. After that I selected the new part created and the petal and I attached both surfaces together and selected the blend option o create the smooth transition


To create the leaves I selected a plane and then in vertex mode selected some points and I scaled them down. To create the curviness I used the blend modifier and I soft selected some vertex and manipulating them.



Finally this is what one of a tulip looks like complete.


To create more variety with the tulips I put a lattice around the tulip and by manipulating the lattice points I could make some variety. The bend modifier was used as well for further variety.


Then I moved them around and placed them in a vase that was created with a polygon and extrude.

No comments:

Post a Comment