Monday, March 14, 2011

Ana C Hercules Zuniga: Final Project : Adding Materials

The first step I took in order to start the rendering process is to organize the scene and the objects. I made the appropriate groups to make it easier to apply materials and later on create render layers.



The second step was to create the 4 views needed for the final project presentation. This allows me to narrow down the precision and detail application of the model.



Since I imported the walls, doors and windows from a Revit Model, I had an incredible amount of Phong Materials. I thought it to be wise to clear the Hypershade of all the materials that were not going to be used.



Starting with material application, I researched for material finishes I would like to have in the final rendering. This images were saved in the 'sourceimages' folder in the project used in this file.



Once all this preliminary steps are done, I started applying materials to the objects. My material selections varied from lamberts to mia_material_x. The different materials allows you to apply different effects for detail. This makes it the selection easier by knowing the overall effect you want the material to have at the final rendering. The following menu allows you to have a "preview" of the material finish and makes it easier for selection.



The final appearance and look are subjective to what you want as a result therefore the following steps are a trial and error basis. The IPR renderer comes very handy when you are making subtle changes to material selections.

DETAIL!! That makes the difference. It is what makes the rendering look more realistic.





No comments:

Post a Comment