Monday, March 14, 2011

Ana C Hercules Z : Final Project : Adding Lights

Once all the materials are applied, is time to create the lights in the scene.

As a first step I start by adding the primary lights first. In this case a directional light to represent the sun. To complement this light I created a point light, with an intesity of 0, in the middle of the room I am rendering and turned on its global illumination to emit photons. This helps with indirect illumination in the rendering.

Then I proceeded to add the complementary lights; The lights in the lamps. I used area lights with them and I turned on the shape and shame them to sphere and cylinder for the respective lamps in the scene.

Here is a test render of the scene with most of the lamps in view.

This test render also permits me to see which materials have too much glossiness or reflectivity. In this case the TV and the painting have both and they need to be fixed.



The IPR render window was used to test the lights and materials to achieve the wanted look.




Then I started focusing on how the lights looked from the spot lights in the ceiling on specific camera views.





In one of the render layers I made a volume light with a special shadder to simulate a light coming into the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment