Friday, April 29, 2011

Jon Sandoval: Deformation plane experiment






So I was messing around with making a deformation of a plane using practically all the tools and got a a wave like plane which I thought could be a great installation piece as a space people would travel through. So I figured I would use the P.Scott script to it as a layer of complexity but ended up with a strange parametric truss like object which was a happy accident. Now my hopes are to try to figure out how to multiply this truss across a plane or spline of some sort if any one can help or has a script that could do so I would like to add this to a form I can work with during the next half of the quarter. See reference of a structure complex multiple by Skylar Tibbits of Cambridge,Mass. titled : Logic matter. also this all has reminded me of a model study I did in studio of tessellated surfaces as a study of spatial voids also see my reference image of the model above. This type of stuff excites me at this point and the possibilities of these forms as spatial structures is something I would like to incorporate in a digital study.

No comments:

Post a Comment