Saturday, April 30, 2011

Andrew Emmet: Model Crashes



Hey I was reworking one of the models I had already done.
I added a variance to the size of the modules and wanted to create a skyscraper. The first image is just the tower itself. The second is of studies of the tangled swirling form I wanted.
I merged the modules and tried to wrap them to a box to deform. This is how I did it last time (with a smaller model), but everytime I do it now, it crashes. I cleared the history, tried it on an unmodulated scale piece, and worked with simpler polycubes but it doesnt work. I love this form and have it sketched in my notebook like that, finally glad to see i could match it in maya... and the skin wont take the form! So frustrating!

3 comments:

  1. at what point is the crash occurring??

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I select the combined mesh which are those bubbles, and then try to create a warp deformer for them out of a polygonal box. It thinks for a while and then stops responding. Its using 7,200,000 kb of memory. Im not sure if thats the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the issue. 7.2 gigs of memory. a couple things to think about.

    decrease the size of your root modular node.
    why is the wrap deformer the way to go??
    combine your modular element into a single entity.
    (you may have done that already)

    ReplyDelete