Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pedro Pesantes - Midterm Models

Form 1: Revit-Maya transition


As requested, one of my forms is the transition model from Revit to Maya. The top rendering is the Revit model and the bottom is the resulting Maya model. I chose not to go into materials in maya's mental ray too much for I just wanted to show how the Revit model can be adapted as an FBX to accommodate for material changes.



Form 2: Mobius Strip

This form is the Mobius Strip structure i have been developing since the first week of class. It was done through developing 2 curves and making one a motion path and attaching the other to such path. this allowed for the animated sweep solid. I then scaled down the faces and then extruded them, which explains the "flanges". The inner panels are of different colored glass which allow for a dynamic experience. I picture this being a stadium or plaza of a sort. Here I have rendered what the exterior might look like.



Form 3: Organic Tower
I created this tower together with the qtown script. I wanted to develop a form that resembled natural growth so i went with roots for inspiration. The form started out as a cylinder and then was molded while it was still a NURBS solid. It was then converted into polygons, which allowed for the frame's tessellation. I also applied a twist, bend, and nonlinear flare.



Form 4: Scripted Sculpture

For this form I wanted to create an organic structure/installation that would act as a shelter as well as a loitering place. I created this form by morphing and manipulating a polygonal torus. I then extruded the faces and added a smooth edge script that allowed for the openings to become round instead of the typical square or triangular frame shapes. I also followed a tutorial on how to create a water-like texture as I have shown in the reflecting pool.




Finally, this is the Corian Wall that I modeled in Maya for my Studio Project

2 comments:

  1. In form 4 add the shadows to your entourage figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like form 4!! nice work

    ReplyDelete