Monday, May 2, 2011

Jon Sandoval: Midterm





4: This is a tower I created from a rectangular poly object which I then pulled vertex points and used the deform twist command in conjunction to create this worm. I also used the voxelize meshes script in order to get the inner spaces possibly becoming a fully modular system of interior spaces. And finally the structural membrane/skin was created trough the honeycomber script.


3: Here is a a rectangular form which I applied a edited "unbeveled" adjustment i made to the rocks shattered effect driving off of the vornoi algorithm. I also applied the P.Scott script as a skin structure. This one reminds me of a swimming complex like the olympic stadium the water cube. maybe this and the other stadium could become a olympic sports complex?


2: Here is that parametric truss like object I created using deformations and the P.scott script i really have great interest in this one and want to develop it and multiply it for further exploration as a parametric installation of spacial quality.



1: Here is one of my first exercises in class which I would like to continue to develop as a stadium some tweaks need to be made to interior in order to form stadium seating. This one is a torus which I pulled the vertex points in order to get the form and applied the super extrude script onto to create the cladding of the facade. I plan on using this form in combination with rhino/grasshopper using a stadium definition within grasshopper and bring it back into maya for rendering and textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment